Thursday, January 8, 2009

the prolonged "Yes"

“This my new vocation has been one prolonged “Yes” to God… my conviction that “the work is His”—is more than the reality… I know for certain He asked—“Will you do this for Me” Everything was His—Today His work has grown because it is He not I that do it through me.

Of this I am so convinced—that I would give my life gladly to prove it.”

– Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light

Part of why I love this book is it makes Mother Teresa human. It places her on the same page of every other Christ follower living day by day in the normal pains and joys of everyday life seeking to do His will. One of her secrets that set her apart was her resolve to please God, no matter what. In her private writings, I see a heart raw and real and fully surrendered to the Lord and His will. She lived her life for Jesus and therefore lived her life for others to know Him. She is a beautiful example of the true nature of what it means to follow Christ and to die daily. She burned with a passionate burden for others. A burden placed there by the Lord that only He could fulfill.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...