Tuesday, January 27, 2009

love


Oswald Chambers said, “No love of the natural heart is safe unless the human heart has been satisfied by God first.”

I can’t really describe what is happening.

A relationship between two people is living and active, it breathes, it moves, is constantly changing and growing.

That’s how it is with me and God.

There is this invisible thing between the two of us that shows itself outwardly at times but is most beautiful what is intimate and real and felt and experienced between us.

Kind of like two lovers. There is almost an unseen thing going on there between them. Little jokes, little mannerisms, that only the two of them know and understand.

That is what is going on.

I am experiencing and hearing the voice of my Abba like never before. There’s a calm reassurance that I am not alone.

A strange peace I cannot explain.

The security of being in a relationship bigger than anything else around me and one that touches and colors my life in ways I cannot explain.

- photo courtesy of my friend, stephanie (engagement photos)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...