Monday, January 5, 2009

Burning for Africa


Okay. So just yesterday I wrote a long thing in my journal about the tug for Africa that I cannot put into words. Way too many specific either conversations or stumbling upon random connections in the last week where Africa has been pushed once again to the forefront of my mind.

My heart is burning for Africa. Burning.

She is crying out for help. The Lord hears her cries.

As I talked with *Grace last week, the intensity grew even more. I just thought of the countless women like her in different African countries desperate for help.

Every now and then Africa keeps coming back into my heart. Like a little tug on my heart that God is like, remember.

In the last few days I’ve had the same African country brought up in conversation four times with four different people with very specific things I feel the Lord is preparing me for in this season of life, for the next season.

Then, every now and then I check out this blog I've written about below. It is awesome.. Brenna told me about it, she’s been following these two ladies on their adventures. This particular post "Reality, Reproof, and Prayers for Redemption" really got me and makes me want to pack my bags. But, the Lord is sending His people. All over the world and even sending people here in our own broken lives, to see His people redeemed and restored back to Him. How can you long for the home you've never experienced?

*Name changed to protect confidentiality.

1 comment:

Josiah and Debi Rogers said...

I just read a great article on the need for missionaries in Africa, check it out http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/matthew_parris/article5400568.ece

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...