
For Mother Teresa, that darkness was the dominant character of her spiritual life.
"If I ever become a saint, I will surely be one of 'darkness'," she wrote. "I will continually be absent from heaven -- to light the light of those in darkness on Earth."

I found the article above very interesting as scholars and theologians wrestle with the inner darkness in the souls of some of the greatest saints and if that calls into question the existence of God. Come Be My Light reveals more of Mother Teresa’s true inner dialogue with Her Savior, a picture of intimacy that didn’t happen overnight, but was produced through a lifetime of “yes’s” to God, moment-by-moment and decision by decision.
I also see a lot of truth in the place of doubt and darkness in one living by faith. I look at all of the people I know who live incredible lives for GOD, all of them have always wrestled and still live with an incredible amount of darkness. The more I am following Christ into enemy territory for lost souls, the more I am seeing this is just a reality to be embraced.
Every great soul possesses a darkness beneath a great light.
No comments:
Post a Comment