Wednesday, January 14, 2009

i’ve been in a fight to love myself.


So, I was looking for this picture of female soldier on my old blog, cause it's one of my favs and we all know I love camo and princess warriors. Then, I read the post. I am reposting most of it. Huh, funny how something written September 24, 2006 echoes my heart right now. nearly. again. I'm in a different place in the fight than when this was written because my heart is no longer discouraged and I am able to see what's going on around me, but the parts that relate to now I kept. This captures a lot of my desire for what God is doing in my life through this, for me, for Him, for our relationship, for others... He came to set the captives free...

From Sept. 24, 2006:

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”


“The way you see your life shapes your life.”

“Your most profound and intimate experiences of worship will likely be in your darkest days.”

Sometimes when God starts shedding light on something in my life, my knee-jerk reaction is to not want to see it for all that it is, yet that very thing will not let me go until I face it head-on and set out to conquer it… He disciplines the ones He loves, He reveals things in us we’re disgusted to see but it is all fueled by His desire to continue to bring me to Himself. He sees me at the core of who I am and wants me to know His freedom… knowing that once I’m unhindered, I can be a fragrance, a reflection of His glory to this broken world.


I want to start living in the reality of who He is and who I am.

Let this be my redemption song, I am my Beloved’s and He is mine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...