God is doing something in my brother’s life. I am trying my hardest not to mess it up lol but to cooperate with God on whatever he is doing. But He is awakening his heart.
I’m learning how to relate to my brother as an adult. As a boy becoming a man. I am learning more about his personality and who he has become.
He has been calling me recently. A lot. Which is huge for the person who only communicates in text.
Something’s going on there.
He’s called twice in the last couple weeks just to say hi and see how I’m doing. The second time on Sunday caught me off guard because he wasn’t calling for a reason but just to check in, hadn’t talked to me in a while (even though we had talked maybe mid-last week.) it was kinda interesting to not be in the pursuer role with me, and instead of me playing the big sister/mom role and checking to see how he’s doing, I’m transitioning over the last few years to just being the sister.
He visited The Crossing, a church here in town, on Sunday. He’s been asking stuff about wanting to find some Christian roommates from the team. He picked the Crossing because the team chaplain is on staff there and a lot of his teammates go there.
He is searching. I'm seeing God all over this.
He is hungry. And God is awakening his heart. We went out to dinner tonight and it was great. I gave him To Own a Dragon as one of his Christmas presents and he might join me at a coffee shop tomorrow to read it while I work. This is so weird but exciting for me at the same time because it has been years, at least since he was in high school of me trying to initiate this kind of relationship with him and now he is responding and truly wanting this friendship and is intrigued by my life. We've always been close, but our relationship changed a lot when he went away to college and even more so since he transferred back here to Mizzou.
He’s lonely and wanting something more. Two of his roommates are moving out to join a frat and he got invited be turned them down. He said he was debating over the last week since all of his friends that are not on the team will now be in it.
Something’s going on there. I can’t see all of what. But I am excited. I’ve been praying for a while that Jesus would totally meet Him. Once one encounters the Lord, there is no turning back. I don’t want it to be me or the chaplain’s influence, or anything else, but the living God that affects Him. I want to play my part and let God do His. I am praying God would melt His heart. He is slowly awakening it, bringing Him to desire and question if there is more to life than the life He is already living. God, I pray you’d bring solid Christian guys in His life that can help Him find God and that you would be an undeniable presence in His life.
I pray this year would be the year my brother would begin a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. The greatest moment of his life. I pray that Jesus would be real to Him and He'd encounter Him in a way He cannot deny was God. I pray you'd bring him home.
2 comments:
This is so x10million awesome.
i know!!! you know how long this has been comin ;)
Post a Comment