A women’s retreat director
A full-time ministry team developer/support raiser
A bridesmaid/local unofficial maid of honor
Recovery ministry participant/apprentice
Victim’s Advocate for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence
Friend
Sister
Roommate
Mentor
Child of God
… Equals life is crazy/good/fast/furious between December 28 (when I laid out all the timelines and meetings and showers and things that needed to happen) and March 7. After March 7, we will be two weddings, three showers, one retreat down, and back to the normal mix of just support appts and bible studies, recovery ministry, and my relationships.
But the thing is God knows what He’s doing and what I need because I wouldn’t have it any other way, I’ve always done a million things at once but this time I am learning how to rest and how to go, and learning this is just how I’m wired. The days I stop, it all comes to a screeching halt and is wonderful. Like yesterday when I got to sit and read in a coffee shop for 5 hours. Heaven. and then get to dance. And write. And not allow myself to think or do any work till the work week started up again. I’m experiencing what it means to rely on God and to work out of who I am and who He has created me to be and not what I do. it is freeing and beautiful. His grace is enough!
A full-time ministry team developer/support raiser
A bridesmaid/local unofficial maid of honor
Recovery ministry participant/apprentice
Victim’s Advocate for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence
Friend
Sister
Roommate
Mentor
Child of God
… Equals life is crazy/good/fast/furious between December 28 (when I laid out all the timelines and meetings and showers and things that needed to happen) and March 7. After March 7, we will be two weddings, three showers, one retreat down, and back to the normal mix of just support appts and bible studies, recovery ministry, and my relationships.
But the thing is God knows what He’s doing and what I need because I wouldn’t have it any other way, I’ve always done a million things at once but this time I am learning how to rest and how to go, and learning this is just how I’m wired. The days I stop, it all comes to a screeching halt and is wonderful. Like yesterday when I got to sit and read in a coffee shop for 5 hours. Heaven. and then get to dance. And write. And not allow myself to think or do any work till the work week started up again. I’m experiencing what it means to rely on God and to work out of who I am and who He has created me to be and not what I do. it is freeing and beautiful. His grace is enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment