These three books are all phenomenal and bring to the surface the depths of the human heart, the pains and the joys and the emotions normally tucked away...
“...sequestering his emotions securely in the padlocked basement of his own heart.”
But once released and acknowledged, bring us to new horizons.

The Shack – I think nearly everyone has heard about this in the last year, but great work of fiction… where fact meets fiction, and pushes our view of God and what spirituality really is about. I held out on reading this book for a long time because I'm leery of books that get a lot of hype but I am glad I caved. The hype is earned. But I was right in my feeling that this book would mess with me. (Which, I admit, is why I avoided it for so long.) And a friend told me today about what the author went through that inspired the book. More I cannot wait to write about when I'm finished. I kinda don't want to keep reading, but I can't put it down.

TrueFaced – Trust God and others with who you really are.
Great book for Christians desiring to live an authentic and genuine faith in general; excellent resource for recovery ministry and ministry in general.
The Wounded Heart - excellent resource for recovery ministry and or those who have been or work with survivors of abuse. and my cover looks better than this picture, they obviously did a good thing in revamping their cover cause i totally would've judged this book by its cover. jk
1 comment:
Yeah, I was totally leery of The Shack, but really liked it. Definitely not a theological book, but there are a lot of things I loved. I can't wait to hear the story about the author...
Post a Comment