Wednesday, November 11, 2015

40 Days of Purpose { day 7 }

Wow, it's crazy to believe it's already been a week. We had our first small group meeting for this series and it was so moving to see all the ways God is already meeting us in these pages and how so many others are being faced with more questions than we have answers. There was a desperation, a longing, and an expectancy in the room as we all shared what we hope to get out of this book/this series/the next 40 days.

God I can't wait to see what you're going to do. I can't wait to see what you are preparing me for. I need you. I want to come out of these 40 days with a clear sense of my purpose, my identity, and what you are calling me to. I want to be closer to you. I want you to be big and others small. I want to be free of all the fears and insecurities that are crippling me. I long to be set free. 

--

Thoughts from some of what I read today, I caught up by finishing the end of chapter 3 and reading chapters 4, 5, and 6. 

Super tired but at least one thought: 

"This life is not all there is... We were made to last forever."

Having my best friend pass away two months ago, the concept of eternity has never been more real. So many things I can't wait for and so many things about it all I still can't and won't be able to fully grasp or understand until I get there. 

In the meantime I want to live out loud. Lord, I pray and I ask for you to set me free. (If there's typos or things look awry, this is another post I hammered away on my phone ;)

{ written on my iphone} 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...