Saturday, November 7, 2015

40 Days of Purpose { day 3 }

So, my life may have just changed as we know it. We live in a studio loft, with our bedroom upstairs and I came up for bed with my Purpose-Driven Life book abs journal, was going to finish reading yesterday's chapter, got up here and realized I hadn't blogged yet. Not wanting to go allll the way back down the stairs, get my computer out, etc etc, I was like hey, I bet there's a blogger app and lo and behold, friends, the game just changed.

So here I am pounding away on my phone, even though I'm behind on the reading, today is Day 3 and I just finished up reading the second chapter (Day 2), but the point of my online challenge is to blog each day regardless and document this journey. 

So my thoughts for the day, something that really stood out to me were these words yesterday: 

"You Are Not An Accident" 

I am your Creator. 
You were in my care even before you were born. 

Isaiah 44:2a

--

Those words just really hit me. I needed those yesterday and today. 

The other thing that stood out to me tonight was this: 

"If there was no God, we would all be 'accidents,' the result of astronomical random chance in the universe... 

But there IS a God who made you fit a reason, and your life has profound meaning! (And here was the clincher for me) 

We discover that meaning and purpose ONLY when we make God the reference point of our lives."

Wow. And another part that was more of this was once a concept I felt so deeply and knew yet now to be honest it is a struggle to really/actually believe: 

On why God went through all of this trouble creating the universe for us: 

"Because he is a God of love. This kind of love is difficult to fathom, but it's fundamentally reliable. And here's the part for me that's hardest to really believe right now: 

You were created as a special object of God's love! God made you so he could love you. This is a truth to build your life on."

My prayer is for me to know those things by the end of this journey. Not just know but deeply feel and live out. That's about all for tonight. May we all know just a little bit more of His love. In a way that saturates our entire being. God I ask for you to do what only you can do. Night, y'all! 

{ written on my iphone} 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...