These words in Psalm 20:7 reached out and grabbed me when I read this verse below that I ran into a few months ago, in a different version this week.
The version I first read said,
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses,but we trust in the name of the Lord.
Then, the version I ran into this week replaces “we trust” with “we will remember,”
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
But we will REMEMBER... I LOVE that. Those words "we will" stood out to me as it is such a beautiful declaration of faith. Such a beautiful promise and expression of love, expression of trust, from one to their God. That they will trust in Him alone. Others may put their trust in the strength of their army, yet we will trust in You, we will remember the name of the Lord our God. The One who is worthy of our praise, worthy of our remembrance. Simply desiring not to be forgotten by the Ones He loves.
Yes, we will remember the name of the Lord, our God...
We will remember Your faithfulness.
We will remember Your goodness; Your great, great love.
For You ARE faithful.
Our God who is so so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment