Wednesday, June 8, 2011

30 days of gratitude {day 5}

The Way of Gratefulness, a 30-day journey
seeing and enjoying God in the everyday, mundane, and ordinariness of life.

"We encounter God in the ordinariness of life:
not in the search for spiritual highs and extraordinary,
mystical experiences but in our simple presence in life." 

:: BRENNAN MANNING in Abba's Child
{grateful} day 5
Tuesday June 6, 2011
Today, I am thankful for...
many of the little and not so little things

  1. Getting to bed early and waking up feeling rested this morning
  2. Being able to drive to class at Woodcrest this morning and run myself to a few errands late afternoon
  3. A phone conversation
  4. A scoop of frozen custard topped with strawberries at Culver's that Korrin got me hooked on after we had it last week
  5. Shorts on sale at Old Navy for $12.50 (got them in a different color, but first best available pic I could find)
  6. Processing, feeling heard, known, loved, and understood
  7. Being able to write and process a long email
  8. A strange encounter


    Today was one of those times I made myself do this. I didn't feel like it or allowing myself to be anywhere near my blog even. Feeling better after doing so and thought even though it's been a rough day on a number of levels and I was sure 30 minutes ago (well now, about 2 hours ago), I had nothing I could possibly be thankful for, as soon as I started thinking, again I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...