The Way of Gratefulness, a 30-day journey
seeing and enjoying God in the everyday, mundane, and ordinariness of life.
"We encounter God in the ordinariness of life:
not in the search for spiritual highs and extraordinary,
mystical experiences but in our simple presence in life."
not in the search for spiritual highs and extraordinary,
mystical experiences but in our simple presence in life."
:: BRENNAN MANNING in Abba's Child
{grateful} day 4
Monday June 6, 2011
Monday June 6, 2011
Today, I am thankful for...
... life.
I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
:: psalm 92:4b
For You have breathed new life in me.
Rescued and restored.
Brought me back to life again.
Heard my weeping in the night,
and turned my wailing into dancing.
For joy comes in the morning.
Given anew this precious gift of life.
A gift I do not have words to even begin to express the depth of my gratitude,
so all I will say, is thank you, Father.
For loving me, protecting me, leading me and guiding me.
Promising to take care of me and not returning your word empty.
My faithful One, my Rock,
my Redeemer.
My Healer.
Whom alone can quiet the storms that quake at night,
move the mountains, part the sea so His people may pass on dry land.
move the mountains, part the sea so His people may pass on dry land.
The One who can cause streams and waters to break forth in the desert,
and turn our darkness into light.
You are Jehovah Jireh,
my God who sees me, my God who provides.
Therefore, let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess,
for He who has promised is faithful.
- Photo courtesy of Lynsey Tedesco Photography, omg, are these kids NOT the cutest??? This photo stood out as I was looking through my folders for the one that I felt best embodied the joy and the life that I currently feel. Kids are some of my favorite people because they LIVE in joy. There is so much I learn from them and I believe children are truly some of our best teachers.


No comments:
Post a Comment