Friday, June 10, 2011

{ my times are in your hands }

This verse blew me away today, particularly how these six words stood out to me like never before, "my times are in your hands." 

A verse that carries deep meaning as it spoke to me at the culmination of all the events of this crazy, crazy week. One of several things that surprised me today, almost as if everything this last week was months ago, as I was continually amazed again at this God who had given me peace. A peace that truly surpasses understanding.

These words leaped off the page and captured the cry of my heart in a way I had found no words to express. A declaration of trust-- first, in the midst of the heaviness and weight of grief, yet now, in the midst of a time of celebration, rejoicing, and thanksgiving -- knowing that no matter what happens, this one thing I know and this one thing I can cling to -- that You, my God, are here; You, my God, are faithful; and You, my God, hold me, hold my times in the safety and security of Your loving hands.

But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in your hands;

:: psalm 31:14-15a

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...