Thursday, October 7, 2010

Soul-deep security

**WARNING: Thursday morning ramblings/stream of consciousness, very little edits, read at your own risk :)

::

Father, I thank you. I thank you. I thank you.

You are moving.

I am beginning to experience this freedom that I never knew was possible.

Beginning to experience more of the life you truly desire for me, where my soul would rest secure.

I am beginning to experience this and it is wonderful.

Something Beth Moore calls, soul-deep security.

A freedom and a joy that emerges simply from knowing I am delighted in. By a Father and a maker who loves me unreservedly.

A joy and a freedom that emerges from simply being His.
His Child.

… A shift in how I see, feel and think about things... how I view, face and deal with my insecurities, how I can identify them and the feelings and the thoughts that send me in a tail-spin...

You give me strength to fight them.

That I then get to experience that Your truth truly CAN, WILL, and DOES set us free.

Amen?

For our hearts are restless till they find rest in you.
Yes, Lord, let the bones you have broken, rejoice.

You alone are my rock and my refuge. My salvation, my hope comes from You. Yes, truly my souls finds REST in your presence...

A rest nowhere and no one else can provide.

Yes, Lord, truly my soul finds rest in YOU alone...

My salvation.

Comes.

From You.

No one and nothing else can satisfy. No one and nothing else has the POWER to save me,

He and He alone is my strength, my rock, my refuge.

Therefore, my heart is glad and my BODY and SOUL will also rest secure...

For I do not need to be afraid, you say, for you are with me.

I am never and will never be alone... There is never a moment you are not there.

Where can I flee from Your presence?
You are closer than my very breath.

More real than anything I can see... we find again that “ it is with the heart that we see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.”

::

God, your love, IS enough... I will follow You.
Yes, Lord, your love, IS enough...

From grace upon grace, your sustain me with your presence

For in your hands you hold life...
For in your hands...

you hold me...

… and you will never let go.

Therefore, my heart IS glad and my body will also rest secure...
For you are with me, I am not alone.

When I am afraid, I will trust in you.

Yes, Lord because your love IS better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

My mouth will sing your praises
sing of your grace
sing of your wonder
sing of your faithfulness
sing of your love

There is none like you...

::

I feel a peace from this shift, of us doing life together differently now.

Me depending on You, moment to moment, not just when I think I need it, but me relying on you to be my security, as we walk together. No more me rushing ahead, but allowing you to God in my life, and learning how to follow you more. And learn to live a lifetime of trust.

This is all you have ever wanted for me. An intimate knowing of my worth and belonging that comes from being in relationship with You... and allowing you to do all you desire in and through me, my life is Yours.

An intimacy in relationship that surpasses all I have ever thought or known, but that you are here. Moving. God-Alive and well.

Your power is here. Your spirit rests upon me. Your hands gently heal, comfort, surround, instruct, guide and protect me.

You fill me with joy in your presence.A deep abiding sense of...

relief. of peace. Of freedom.

A healing I never knew would be so powerful.

No more striving. I feel free.

The prison doors of the grip of the insecurities that have disguised themselves in so many ways have been exposed, brought into the light, seen for all that they are, yet embraced. And therefore, healed.

My hands and feet no longer in chains.

It is still a process, but the taste of freedom pushes me forward. Gives voice that this shift doesn't have to be fleeting, but can be life-changing.

An invitation to live in a greater level of trust, safety and security in You.

To make the choice to trust you. Today.

With all that I will be doing, speaking, going.

I trust you. I give it all to you.

Thank you for your spirit empowering me and the obstacles we already conquered today.

I want this new sense of security to be the new me. This new way of seeing and being in the world, no longer shacked by the fear that paralyzes me way more often than I'd like to admit.

The fear of people, what they think or are saying about me.

The truth has set and will continue to set me free.

The truth is, they don't have the power to determine my worth or affect my value, my value and worth are secure, and He is the only one who gets to determine that.

The truth is, I am not in control of what people may think or feel or say about me, NOR is it my job to make people get me or understand or believe well of me.

The truth is, I am not responsible for other people's feelings. Nor can I control what they make think or feel.

The truth is, none of the harsh standards I so often use to measure myself by, the opinion's of others or my performance, getting things done... none of those things have the ABILITY to give me self-worth.

To give me security.

Only, you do and you have spoken.

Only you have the power to determine my worth, and you say my worth is SECURE...

And you say, I will go with you, you will never have to go alone, so we faced together those situations and people and places that can make my insecurities run rampant...

But we faced them together and walked away FEELING and BEING secure... empowered... more whole.

I am no longer trying to evaluate and base my self worth on what I said or how I was received or this or that.

My worth is in you.

So, we walk out, as you desire for us to be and created us to be, clothed in strength and dignity. Not a piece of us falls to the ground. We find we're restored. Reclaimed. Redeemed. Made new.

Truly, my soul finds rest in Him alone, you alone are my rock and my salvation...

For those words that penetrate deep within, at my core... words that have become balm to my soul.

When I am afraid, as I prayed this morning, I will trust in You. My heart will choose to trust you, I need not be afraid. Then in the sacredness of the stillness, in slowly allowing you to quiet my heart and just be still before you...

Jesus, to hear your voice above all the noise... as you met me in the silence and reassured me...

"i AM and WILL BE, your security...

Be still, my child, and know...

that I am God.”

So, we go from strength to strength, walking in the freedom and light of the truth, finding our load and ourselves much lighter now, as we continue to take another step in the journey, hand in hand, clothed in strength, dignity and honor, a trophy of His grace and His love everlasting.

And so, we go from strength to strength, dancing in the pleasure and delight of being the Beloved, Abba's Child.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...