Monday, October 4, 2010

in grace upon grace


So, I had never heard of Jimmy Needham, till a group of girls and I snuck into a Chris Tomlin concert going on at the YMCA of the Rockies, (our summer home the summer of 2006) and this Jimmy Needham dude, was one of the openers. This song has been playing in my head nonstop the last couple days and I was excited to find his CD I had purchased that fateful day.

That day, when yes, as you see pictured above, we somehow managed to weasel in a picture with Chris Tomlin. (Documented here on my old blog.)

Nothing like being at Christian Leadership Training and sneaking into a Christian concert, part of several going on that week, as the Gospel Music Association has their big music fest every August in the Rockies... I mean, we couldn't help it, we were literally feet away from seeing the likes of Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, and a bunch of other people I know I love that were all there that night, and just a few hours before, had run into Kirk Franklin in the YMCA's Rustic Cafe (our version of Starbucks), oh the wild days of our youth :)

Couldn't find a video that would let me embed this song other than a few that were used as mission trip videos, but here's his song, Stand on Grace, a beautiful, beautiful message and song.


"Stand On Grace" by Jimmy Needham

In Jesus alone, my atonement is known,
I stand on grace.

In Jesus the King, my salvation He brings,
I stand on grace...

And Jesus your grace is all that I need,
it's all that I need...


And grace upon grace is all that I breathe,
it's all that I breathe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...