
“Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that are weak...”
“Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me,
'My grace is sufficient for you,
Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
:: isaiah 35:3, 2 corinthians 12:8-10
::
It's funny that after having several different blog posts and ideas and topics that wouldn't stop churning around in my head that I couldn't wait to dive in deeper with and write about after my women's group at Woodcrest this morning... my heart is now marching to a completely different beat.
I had just enough time and a break to just process and be with God after our group time while I was eating lunch then frequenting my beloved Starbucks, but ran out of time to finish writing or post the onslaught of ideas running in circles in my brain (which I'm sure I'll write about in some way, shape or form soon) before I had one of the girls from church coming over.
So much of this evening, as the landscape of my day continued to change, suddenly it became difficult to put into words all that I was now feeling and experiencing, when a song that had spoken to me earlier came back into my mind. As I was picking a few things up around the house in the few minutes before she arrived, I felt led to this song, one of my all time FAVORITE Hillsong jams that found its way on repeat for who knows HOW many times, once again, Hillsong United's, "Saviour King."
Totally capturing and giving voice to all I struggled to express, God has a way of continually using this song to pierce my heart and lead me into an experience of total abandonment with Him. Where He reaches into some of the deepest places buried within my soul and allows me to cry out to Him from there. From that place where all that matters is I'm His... "that my portion is Him... and I'm more than blessed..." (It's kinda an old school video, but I liked the sound quality best on this version, such a beautiful and powerful ballad.)
::
::
"Let now the weak say I have strength...By the spirit of power that raised Christ from the dead...
Let now the poor stand and confess... That my portion is Him and I'm more than blessed...Let now our hearts burn with a flame...A fire consuming all for your Son's holy name...And with the heavens we declare...You are our king...I love you Lord, I worship you...Hope which was lost, now stands renewed...I give my life to honor this...The love of Christ, the savior king...We love you Lord, we worship you...You are our God, you alone are good"
- Saviour King, Hillsong United
No comments:
Post a Comment