I have never felt this free.
I remember at the beginning of the semester, when Joni pointed out this picture that was on the cover of our Take TWO guide for the beginning of the semester of their Thursday morning women's ministries, and she explained that this semester we would continue last (fall) semester's theme of "Soul-Deep Security," but now, with adding an eternal perspective,
"Soul-deep Security: Now and Forevermore."
And can I just say I love the word, "forevermore."
I have never longed for nor been more excited about Home, yet also the life I am so blessed to have here.
I am so grateful just to be alive. Life has stood out again vibrant and alive in living color. I love my life. I love the things in it. I love getting to share each day with my Lord, my Love, and my God. I love getting to share each day with my amazing husband, partner and best friend, and those I am blessed to call my friends.
He has given me so much and all I can say is thank you. For I do not deserve His goodness. I do not deserve His crazy amazing grace. Yet, He freely, freely gives.
I remember her saying, as she pointed to this picture,
"Man, I don't know about you, but I want to be this free."
It is crazy that when I had the words "breaking free" popped into my mind for what I have been feeling and what I wanted to call this post, I could not get this photograph out of my mind's eye.
For I never knew this kind of freedom was possible.
I have never felt more free.
“I'm alive again, more alive than I have been in my whole entire life...”
I'm reminded of words from two artists whose music I hold dear. Two very different artists, yet of one and the same heart-- deeply connected with that within the sacredness of the human spirit, the place where we encounter the divine.
He is making everything... new.
“My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace”
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace”
- excerpts from Eminem's "No Love" and Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)
No comments:
Post a Comment