These words below jumped out at me as they slowly came across the screen in the closing video today at our Take T.W.O. Brunch. I had to find them in the version they appeared in because there were several variances not found in other versions of this passage many of us grew up hearing and probably associate with the 90s' smash hit by Audio Adrenaline, you know the one you jammed out to a church camp when you were a kid, with that really, REALLY annoying chorus that gets stuck in your head, but you just can't help but enjoy singing along to, “It's a big big house... with lots and lots of rooms... It's a big big table, with lots of lots of food...”
Oh wow. Yes. I totally went there. :)
I think the words, “I would not tell you this if it were not true," in these verses below really stood out as many other times when we hear this verse it reads, “If that were not so, I would not have told you...” or “If that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?”
But, I loved how this one appeared on the screen, it just felt so much more personal. First of all, I loved that during the end of the presentation, all the music faded away and there were just words, a series of questions, things from the semester or verses.
In the silence, reading this verse and seeing the words slowly make their way onto the screen, it just brought them that much more close.
As if Jesus was there talking to us, writing us a note letter by letter as they appeared on the screen, saying these words,
"There are many rooms in my Father's house;
I would not tell you this if it were not true.
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
After I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me ...
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
After I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me ...
... so that you may be where I am."
:: John 14:2-3, New Century Version
No comments:
Post a Comment