Now and Forevermore
::
Perspective, Perseverance, and Hope
Written Thursday, May 5th, 2011:
Wow. This semester has been nothing short of incredible. Through my experiences with God in my small group, relationships formed there, my time outside of class reading the book, times outside of class connecting with Him, connecting with others, the journey that has continued on the medical front, the journey through His word.
I stand amazed.
Bear with me as I continue to download all that has been happening in and around me.
A journey that began with me knowing and sensing from the beginning that something big was happening, that day in January when I first heard these words,
I remember leaving from that time, a true coming home experience, and not being able to stop hearing those words above from a preview of Beth Moore's new bible study, one of the class choices this semester, over and over again in my head.
As I actually typed this about a week ago, but now today just went and found the link from a previous post in January, for this post, I had originally written these words for the link: "And you will stand amazed, behold the power of Your God..." Yet, those weren't the words I first heard at the start of this journey, I just realized those were words of my own that have been playing themselves in my mind again and again in the last few months.
For God has come. God has healed. God has restored.
I am reminded of words someone once said to never underestimate the power of our God.
For He has given me perspective, perseverance, and hope in ways indescribable. It is crazy that as I just grabbed the magnet off the fridge that had our semester schedule on it, this picture and the theme for the semester, continuing a journey towards soul-deep security, a theme that started last fall, yet this semester tackling that issue with a view of eternity.
And underneath the words, "Soul-deep security... Now and forevermore..."
I found the words: "Perspective, perseverance, and hope," and was floored because this is what He gave me, this is what He has DONE... through a series of events that have been non-stop since Mid-December, leading me on a journey far different from any other course of this battle with this illness and unlike any other six months I have experienced in my life.
I feel as if emerging from this crucible. Now I am out on the other side, looking at all the toils, dangers, and snares He graciously led me through, to now emerge here in this place, as I stand stunned and amazed.
“The Lord is the STRENGTH of His people...” (psalm 28:8)
He has expanded my view of Heaven, my view of Eternity, my view of Home and planted a longing and an excitement in my heart for Home like never before.
He has shown me I can trust Him with eternity. With death. With dying. With what it will be like.
“The Lord is my shepherd...” (psalm 23:1)
For He has not failed to show me His incredible goodness as we have traveled through the many toils and snares. Wandered in the wilderness and through the valley of the shadow of death, through this road marked with suffering.
::
He is Jehovah Jireh,
My God who provides.
My God who provides.
My God of incredibly great faithfulness,
My God of great, great love.
My God of great, great love.
May my heart beat to praise You.

No comments:
Post a Comment