Friday, May 6, 2011

{ all around, hope is springing up from this old ground... }


"... out of chaos life is being found,
in You."


The last nine weeks and this last weekend have been pivotal.

If I could capture them in two phrases and a photograph,
{Hope is springing up from this old ground...

You make me new, You are making me new...}

Since Sunday, when these phrases stood out to me in stark clarity as the perfect depiction for what is happening, I also immediately had this picture pop in my head. It was taken by a dear friend and mentor, Lori, a few years ago.
I don't even remember the last time I looked at it, but being the visual person that I am, I was so grateful once I could immediately recall it in my mind. Because it was the perfect visual to accompany those two phrases God gave me in those moments to voice what I have been experiencing.
For, I have been sensing and feeling movement. The start of several new journeys.
The old passing away, making room for the new that has come.

"You make me new.
You make everything... new."

:: Another song/video disclaimer -- I know I've posted this song a bunch before, but I loveloveLOVE this more acoustic version in the REVELANT Studios.
Michael's wife's part in the “You make me new... You are making me new...” is so so beautiful, period, but especially in this version. Such a great song that has even greater meaning to me after it was one of the last songs we sang at the retreat.

- photo by the one and only lori mosteller, this photo is beautiful in so many ways.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...