
“What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
Oh, it has been such a fabulous week!! Took a break from the normal routine of all things medical to have time set aside for catching up with and seeing many of my girls before they head out for the summer or graduate and head out into the “real world.” :)
Has been really amazing getting to spend quality time with many of them and send them off as they enter new journeys and adventures, even the girls who aren't graduating but are off to do a myriad of things this summer, I could not be more proud of them and these women are such a gift to me. I am so, so thankful for them and blessed to have them in my life.
Also, had my new younger, (I was about to say little, but as chance's have it he's slightly bigger than me), brother-in-law graduate from high school yesterday!!
Had such a good time celebrating with him and the fam down in Wheatland.
And I am one of those really weird people who absolutely LOVES graduations. There is something so special about it and all that it symbolizes. A celebration of all the roads that have been traveled leading to that very day when they would walk across that stage, yet also the start of a new beginning filled with hope, promise, and alive with expectancy.
As I was shopping for a graduation card for him...
("QUICK" ASIDE: this should come as no surprise for many who know me well, but shopping for cards is one of my favorite things to do, I love finding new and inspiring quotes or pictures that speak to me, and being a person in love with words, I could spend all day looking at cards.
And now, in this season, I have discovered a new and different side of me I never knew even existed, that I also love making cards.)
Anyway, I kept finding cards with this famous quote I shared above, a favorite one from long ago that I have heard several times in the last couple of weeks from a variety of events and places, penned by Henry David Thoreau.
Such a great point to ponder.I realized yesterday that those words have taken on new meaning for me.
For there is so much power in the worlds we hold within.
And, as I was looking up the quote to make sure I got it down right instead of relying on my memory as I was finishing making some of the girls' cards yesterday, I was even more intrigued to find several different versions of the quote and the meaning.
I won't go into all of those now, but I will share one thing that is worth mentioning and I do have to say, I love it when this happens... when you have a quote that you love, then discover there is so much more... I couldn't remember if I had ever heard the rest of it or if it just seemed new to me now, but regardless, there is so much joy upon new discoveries big or small that brings so much to me.
... And there will never be a single step we will ever have to walk alone.
So oft quoted we hear or read,
“What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
Yet, the quote CONTINUES, and the line that is often left out for the sake of brevity, I would argue is one worth leaving in there from time to time, as he goes on to say,
“What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
And when we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen."
:: HENRY DAVID THOREAU
Wow.
How so incredibly true.
This was one of a few messages I wrote to some of the women I dearly love as they are about to embark upon new journeys and begin new chapters of their lives.
I wanted them to know my heart was with them and for them. But, more importantly, that God's heart is with and for them.
That they already have what it takes because all that they need is already within them. And that truly, when we have the courage to bring out that which God has placed and done within us, anything is possible.
For nothing is impossible with God.
And when we go with Him, miracles do happen.
For, the Lord, our God will be with us wherever we go ... (Joshua 1:9)
... And there will never be a single step we will ever have to walk alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment