What has she done that we have not liked? Well, I will limit myself to posting just a few** of the routines I have loved her in.
As I've been saying lately and talked about in the intro to all these posts -- this season of "So You Think You Can Dance" has single-handedly, for whatever reason, renewed my passion and love for dance like never before. It has continued to remind me that my heart needs what beauty speaks, in this season (of life and circumstances), now more than ever.
Melanie is no doubt a huge part of that and there's really not a lot I need to say about this girl. Her dancing speaks for itself, she is just amazing. One of those dancers that no matter how many other people are on stage, she captures your full attention.
This routine below still stands out as one of my top favorites from the season, funny it was actually the very FIRST routine of the season in the “Top 20 Revealed” show. It was just breathtaking. Cannot get enough of this routine!!
As I've been saying lately and talked about in the intro to all these posts -- this season of "So You Think You Can Dance" has single-handedly, for whatever reason, renewed my passion and love for dance like never before. It has continued to remind me that my heart needs what beauty speaks, in this season (of life and circumstances), now more than ever.
Melanie is no doubt a huge part of that and there's really not a lot I need to say about this girl. Her dancing speaks for itself, she is just amazing. One of those dancers that no matter how many other people are on stage, she captures your full attention.
This routine below still stands out as one of my top favorites from the season, funny it was actually the very FIRST routine of the season in the “Top 20 Revealed” show. It was just breathtaking. Cannot get enough of this routine!!
::
"In This Shirt""My Discarded Men" - Top 7 Girls Group Dance
(Concept behind the dance and rehearsal footage first or skip over to the dance at 1:07.)
"Poison and Wine" - Group Dance from the Top 16 Performance Show
(They split the Top 16 into two group dances, this was the second one.)
(Concept behind the dance and rehearsal footage first or skip over to the dance at 1:07.)
"Poison and Wine" - Group Dance from the Top 16 Performance Show
(They split the Top 16 into two group dances, this was the second one.)
"Skin and Bones" - Top 12 Performance Show
So, this wasn't originally on my list of the dances that first entered my mind when I was recalling my favorites Melanie has danced in and I suppose I should save some for Marko's post because I love the two of them in any of the pieces they've done together, but just in case I don't get to his post, I will celebrate them BOTH here as well in the next two.
This wasn't one of my favorite routines from the season but seriously I could watch the two of them dance all day. The concept was on the cheesy side and could have had better implementation on the choreographer's side, but first of all, can I just say I love Melanie's outfit in this one, and secondly, even if it wasn't one of those brilliant and memorable routines, just watching it again as it popped up after a different clip I was watching, these two dance it beautifully.
(And had totally forgotten till I just watched this again how much Jesse cracks me up in the judges comments afterward.)
Alas, "The Moth Dance," as Jesse coined it :)
(Concept behind the dance and rehearsal footage, then the dance is 43 seconds into the clip.)
This wasn't one of my favorite routines from the season but seriously I could watch the two of them dance all day. The concept was on the cheesy side and could have had better implementation on the choreographer's side, but first of all, can I just say I love Melanie's outfit in this one, and secondly, even if it wasn't one of those brilliant and memorable routines, just watching it again as it popped up after a different clip I was watching, these two dance it beautifully.
(And had totally forgotten till I just watched this again how much Jesse cracks me up in the judges comments afterward.)
Alas, "The Moth Dance," as Jesse coined it :)
(Concept behind the dance and rehearsal footage, then the dance is 43 seconds into the clip.)
"I Got You" - Lyrical hip hop choreographed by NappyTabs!
(Concept behind the dance and rehearsal footage, then the dance starts 41 seconds in.)
"Turn to Stone"
Yeaaah... I wasn't going to include this routine either because it is such an obvious choice and I loved it when I saw it the first time on the show, but it wasn't one of those I felt compelled to look up and watch again as I have enjoyed re-watching so many of the other pieces from this season, but just watched it for the first time since it aired, CHILLS. Again. Spectacular.
(Concept behind the dance and rehearsal footage, then the dance starts at 1:35.)
**EDIT: So after I posted, I realized I said I'd post just a "few" routines... I posted six ;). Have I MENTIONED she's everyone's bet this year to win the competition? And, that number would have been 7 if I had included her routine with Sasha but I already posted that :)
CONTINUED IN... {SYTYCD spotlight} Melanie pre-sytycd

No comments:
Post a Comment