Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two years!!!!!

I was thinking yesterday, once I realized it was August 7th, how different my life was two years ago that day. And how little did I know the next day how my life would change...
August 8th will forever be a special, special day for us! We celebrated two years together tonight at the place where it all went down, well the official place where he asked to be his girlfriend was at one of my favorite coffee shops, Kaldis, and then after our intense and long DTR he asked what I was doing for dinner. After debating my other options I said I could probably make time ;) haha, no just kidding, shoot I was on cloud NINE, people, and still in shock...
I was so NOT expecting for us to walk out of Kaldis dating nor did I have any idea what we were even meeting to talk about, but I was glad we ended up meeting on Saturday (the same day he called to ask me to get coffee sometime in the next few days), over Sunday, the next day, because I had to work at The Shelter and we would have been short on time, and LORD knows we needed us some time! Most intense convo EVER, I still tease him about it and how intense he was, but how much I loved it at the same time.
So, however many hours later we walked down the street to our first official date, Flat Branch, which we were bound and determined to still get out for a bit and celebrate tonight after transitioning from a crazy intense evening and another day that has flown by. Seriously it hit August and my town is bombarded and everything feels like it is moving so much faster!

Was planning on writing more reflections on all the changes in the last two years and what was going on in my life as of August 7, 2009, but all out of physical and emotional energy for the day and have to get rest for another full day tomorrow, so for now, just in case I don't get to later, I'll celebrate with some pics, man and what a two years it has been, while in some cases, especially as we were recalling memories from August 8, 2009, it feels like it was yesterday, yet at the same time we're like, wait, it has ONLY been two years?!?


Yeah, a whole lot of life crammed into these 24 months, but I would have it no other way. Life lived with him, even through all the crazy ups and downs, hills and valleys seasons of life will take us, is nothing but a gift. A gift I am even more thankful for and love more and more with each passing day. Excited for many, many more to come!!! Ben Lewton, can I just say that I love YOU?!?!?!
Celebrating our dating anniversary tonight at Flat Branch!!!



- Three photos above from our engagement photos by Avia Photography

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...