Friday, August 28, 2009

my peace i give you

You alone keep in perfect peace those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you. :: Isaiah 26:3

These words kept popping in my mind today anytime I realized I was feeling overwhelmed and very anxious.

I felt like I didn’t have enough time in the day. that all week the work had kept piling up and I felt I was barely keeping myself from drowning, only being able to keep up with anything email or facebook that was work/ministry related, I felt this growing anxiety within me all day, as time kept slipping away…

I kept praying for peace. And to experience it. and kept hearing those words above, along with allowing the peace of Christ guard my heart and mind, those words about being anxious about nothing.

Strange that suddenly throughout the day, these burdens were lifted, this anxiety replaced with laughter, the pressures slowly eased by a calming reassurance, the anxiety replaced by a strange peace.

An unshakable grounding and a peace that can only come from him. Proving once again you are my rock and my refuge. A shelter I cannot explain but felt tonight in the depths of my being.

Thank you for keeping me in perfect peace, as all you desired was for me to trust you and you would take care of the rest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...