You're probably already wondering who this post is about.
But believe it or not this is how my friends would describe me.
Okay, seriously though, if you've spent more than five minutes with me or perused this blog... you know clearly this is NOT the case, but alas, there are actually those rare moments when this is the case.
Stranger things are known to have happened :)
When I can hardly write, you know things have taken on a whole new level of crazy…
Now coming up for air, I’m gonna play catchup.
For example, I have been trying (now given up?) to figure out the whirlwind of chaos that has been the last week and a half. Some things you just can't explain or understand. There are always ups and downs and not like this summer has been anything easy, but for whatever reason, it didn’t take long from after one of my most amazing weekends in a while, for the storms to hit. From that Sunday night until today was been a whirlwind. I had come home last Sunday and written like eight different blogs, all of which I have yet to post because things changed so dramatically so quickly after getting back.
And it’s seemed everything has been coming at me.
Last night, I just told God I was so confused. I was like, seriously? I was just getting to feeling better, things were just getting better… but it didn’t take long before all of a sudden I was back in the hole surrounded by darkness. Sunday had been a really hard day. Monday was great. Yesterday was another really hard one.
Tonight was the first night I actually got excited about going to Colorado. I tell you what, everything that could have been thrown at this trip has happened – to me personally, to nearly every single person on our staff team, to details like lodging, rides or flights out there… there hasn't been a single part that has been "easy."
We have staff retreat out there every summer, but I’m going a couple days early to have a BFF reunion with Angie! We haven’t seen each other in three years so it will be great to see her! We met in Colorado during my first GCM Leadership Training, LT 2004 and have been best friends since, keeping in touch on the phone, letters and annual visits back in the day, up until the last three year stretch! And not only has a lot been thrown at the staff up until tonight, but also in her life. Up until earlier tonight, I was under the impression that Angie wasn’t going to be able to come and had just planned on making my first few days out there personal retreat and a work day before staff retreat because of a recent death in her family and her having to travel last week unexpectedly and a whole slew of other events in her world last week… but she got a lot worked out and is still coming!
I was wondering when things would fall into place and when the excitement would come for going, strange how it seems to work like this many times, that we also get the things we think we need, not always when we think we need it, but when we need it. Peace out playas!
No comments:
Post a Comment