Thursday, October 9, 2008

A new song



A new song: a song of the redeemed, the quiet after the storm.

I sing a new song to the Lord.

I love you back.

It is my joy… to honor you.
To be your beloved one.

Come, come my child. Come and be My light.

I will be Your light.

I thank you for your glory and your presence and your fight over my life.

For bringing me back to you.
For dying to bring me to God.

For restoring and redeeming me.

For rescuing me.

That I have life.
That I am held.
Loved.
Safe now.

That life is now
Different
Exciting

That you and I are wed.
Inseparable.
Soul mates.
Lovers.
Friends.

That no matter how broken
You are here
And you wipe away every tear.

You delight in me like a little girl who has just had her dream come true.

Who is finally cherished and treated for who she truly is, a princess.

Seeing Melissa during her proposal was so beautiful. (We watched a video of their proposal at a surprise engagement party last night! I am loving that people are doing this now because you get to see glimpses of that special moment. And seeing their reactions are priceless.)

Such a beautiful picture of this.

She had the innocence and the freedom and excitement of a little girl

Dancing in a field.
Free and secure.

Yes, I choose you.
I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
It is so beautiful to see how Ryan loves her.
How he truly delights in her.

He loves her as Jesus loves her and sees her true worth and value as He does.
He only reminds her of her first love and it is such a true picture of this…
In his presence, she is free; she is able to be that captivating little girl who doesn’t have to be afraid anymore.

But who can dance in the delight and affection of her lover.
*Pictured above: two dear friends I met in college, Melissa Molder and Ryan Worley, engaged as of Monday night!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love this...beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...