Sunday, November 21, 2010

What joy, what joy for those...

Okay, so this has been one of my latest jams since the band led us in this song a few weeks ago at church, during the first of a two-part series we did on "joy," focusing on the book of Philippians.


And, I'm warning you, this is one of those songs that is more like a ballad, one that you feel you can sing over and over and not grow tired of it. It gives voice to something I have not been able to find words for... that there is truly a joy and a peace that are indescribable...

This joy and peace I have been experiencing, one that surpasses understanding and one that many do not understand... but you know what, they don't have to. I can't understand or explain it all, all I know is it has come from Him.

As I said a few weeks ago, it is really hard when people feel sorry for me or give me sympathy... because I am BLESSED. Instead of having less, I feel I have more.

And some can look at me crazy, but I know I am not alone in this one. That there have been seasons and times where your circumstances and everything going on on the outside seems it is spiraling out of control... yet as you have probably also found, for those who are IN them, who are experiencing trials and pain and challenge and hardship and suffering, YES, but who are, as HE says, BLESSED are the poor, the weak... for they are experiencing a joy and a peace that is found on nothing but the supernatural. A joy and a peace and a strength that is beyond themselves and points to the power of a supernatural God.

They are experiencing the very PRESENCE of Christ, who is IN this WITH them. For we find, to the brokenhearted, He is truly near. Which alone brings peace, brings joy. A peace and a joy that He allows to lift our hearts, a joy and a peace we know is only possible THROUGH HIM.

Man, when we sang this song at church, and when the worship leader just let us continue to repeat this chorus again and again, it was the very Spirit of God moving in that place, as God was communing and dwelling with each of our hearts, of this joy, this peace, for those whose hope and confidence is in HIM... that no matter what we are going through, joy and peace is possible.

It does not mean turning a blind eye to the pain, struggle, or sorrow, but knowing that God embraces it all, the joy, the pain, the grief, the hope, the doubt, the despair... and longs to meet us there. This song has been written on my heart, that in my moments of joy or the dark moments of defeat, it reminds me, gets my eyes on Him. And that THROUGH Him, man, what joy... what peace... is possible... a joy and peace indescribable.

What an inspired piece of music and my new anthem, LOVE IT!

::

What joy, what joy for those whose hope is in the name of the Lord
What peace, what peace for those whose confidence is Him alone

- "What Joy (Psalm 46)" by Generation Church

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...