Sunday, November 1, 2009

may the bones you have crushed rejoice

You are my everything::.
.::And I will adore You...

As the psalmist says, ‘May the bones you have crushed, rejoice.’ Yes, Father, tonight I can say, may the bones you have crushed – rejoice. For You have heard my cry and you have answered me. You have broken me, yet you have restored me. You have shaped me and made me more and more Yours. I belong to You. I was bought at a price. I am ransomed and redeemed. I am broken yet alive. Desperate yet triumphing. In need of grace. You have taught me how to rely on You. To cry out to You and know that You and You alone are the Lord of my life, my Leader, my loving Guide. Knowing that You and You alone take care of me. Rescue me. Heal me. Work through the messiness inside to bring me back to life in You. “Jesus, your name is power, breath and living water,” such a wondrous mystery… With You is all power and glory, strength and honor. I bless Your name Father, be glorified in me. Through my wounds and my victories. I am Yours and You are mine.

“We need not fear that in seeking God only we may narrow our lives or restrict the motions of our expanding hearts. The opposite is true. We can well afford to make God our All, to concentrate, to sacrifice the many for the One…

The man who has God for his treasure has all things in One. Many ordinary treasures may be denied him or if he is allowed to have them, the enjoyment of them will be so tempered that they will never be necessary to his happiness. Or if he must see them go, one after one, he will scarcely feel a sense of loss, for having the Source of all things he has in One all satisfaction, all pleasure, all delight. Whatever he may lose he has actually lost nothing, for he now has it all in One, and he has it purely, legitimately and forever.”


- A.W. Tozer The Pursuit of God

The cry of my heart tonight and the perfect song to come on the radio on my way home tonight:

Revelation Song

Worthy is the,
Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to Him who sits on
Heaven's Mercy Seat

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything,
And I will adore You…

Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and
Glory and power be
To You the Only Wise King,

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything,
And I will adore You

Filled with wonder,
Awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus, Your Name is Power
Breath, and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...