Somehow I thought I was out of the desert.
But I’m still wandering and sometimes we have to realize that God is in no hurry to get us into the promiseland. There are still far more precious lessons to be learned and ground to uncover as I travel and discover more streams in the desert. Where I have to trust and rely upon my God. Not what is seen. Not what is before me. But my God.
Where He alone sustains me.
Where He alone provides streams in the desert.
In this dry and weary land.
The road has changed and the landscape looks different, but it’s just another season in the desert.
There’s still wisdom to be had in these hard places.
There’s still work in my heart in these hills.
“Therefore I will allure her…” says my Lord as he leads me through the desert, calling me deeper and deeper still.
“She will chase after her other lovers, but not find them…” A continual time of stripping me away from my false gods I cling to, cleansing me from my idols, of breaking down the ruins, so He can rebuild.
“I will speak tenderly to her…”
A time where He and He alone can have my heart’s attention.
A time of awakening and renewal.
A time where He is Lord and Provider, the One who walks every step with me, who calls me to deeper trust, who leads me by the hand and who alone provides streams in the desert.
This revelation came with much comfort. Being reminded, knowing where I am. I had decided that the end of support raising was the promiseland, little did I know it was only a continuation of the precious lessons only to be had here in the desert, where He alone knows the way and where He alone knows the value of this journey and rejoices in every step along the way, as He leads me closer and closer to His heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment