Monday, June 22, 2009

Yet I will rejoice.


These are four of the most beautiful words.

Whenever we find this in scripture, it is important to note it signals a critical change in key. It speaks so much to my heart because I feel the power in that "yet." That yet is a turning point. A dramatic turning away from our will and our own limited perspective, from our own feeble understanding…

That yet signals a conscious choice, a recognition that what they are about to say is a declaration of how they want to think, feel and believe. A conscious choice of the will that is completely contrary to what everything around them may be pointing to, an honest look after being completely honest with our situations and where we have been, taking a searing examination of the losses, yet choosing to still believe, as it was true for Habakkuk in his situation when he cried out these words. It is an act of ruthless trust to see what is unseen. And to place continually hope in the Sovereign Lord. These words gripped my heart today.

"… Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be
joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign Lord is my
strength,

He
(alone) makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He (alone)
enables me to tread on the heights."

Habakkuk 3:18-19

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...