Friday, March 6, 2009

To be a kid again


Today was such an amazing day.

Women's ministry at Woodcrest in the morning was amazing. Today’s speaker was speaking straight to me. Our bible study discussion was unreal. The rob bell video. Coming home to eat lunch and eating outside. Precious moments of silence and time with God.

Support raising work.

Then taking a break meeting Korrin and the kids at the park.
I’ve been in mom world for a now while and my biggest regret going to the park with the moms after bible study last semester was all the moms sit on the outside in a little clump while the kids run off and play in the playground.

Today, when I got up, I was looking forward to taking the kids to the park. To play. Not to watch.
Paige runs up to me when I got there, ready to go play? Yeah I say, and she jumps in my arms. The other moms and korrin were like, we wish we had your energy. And I was, well you guys have them 24/7, if that was me, I wouldn’t have this energy either lol.

We had such a blast. It was like I was in another world. I didn’t have my phone or my anything, I was just in the moment, not even worrying about anything. It was so great and such a beautiful day. I don't remember the last time I was running around to the point of breaking a sweat. It was so much fun. And to enter Paige world, the things she thinks of, she comes to life out there in the playground and has so many adventures. It was so good. And a great hour break from the rest of the day.


Lord, I thank you for today and all the other amazing things you did and are doing.

(pic of Paige from today, this girl is hard to catch on camera but i finally got one shot of her being semi-still!)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love this post, and love your beautiful heart.

Mags said...

aww thanks girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...