Monday, March 23, 2009

The Prodigal God

This book just made itself into the top three most influential books on my life so far. Someone looking for some good spring break reading asked me to send them my top three last week and it was hard to come up with that list, I felt I could've give them ten lol. (Mostly because I'm a dork and I love to read. A lot.)

I read all but one chapter chillin' in a coffee shop yesterday and was challenged, refreshed and filled with hope. I finished the last chapter this morning. It challenged me from the inside out and I'm praying for change from the inside out, as certain parts captured a rumbling and a massive deconstruction God been doing with my life and my theology in the last four months.

I have tons of thoughts I've been processing and writing about, and will share some when time permits, but it's been calling for a lot of private reflection and revelation.

In the meantime, it is a must-read and a treasure, (beware of tiny books, they pack a lot of punch) come get to know the prodigal God, one who is recklessly extravagant in his love towards us, each moment, each breath, each day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...