Monday, December 1, 2008

a new hope


“The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.” Hebrews 7:18

a new covenant


"The time is coming," declares the LORD,

"when I will make a new covenant

with the house of Israel

and with the house of Judah.


It will not be like the covenant

I made with their forefathers

when I took them by the hand

to lead them out of Egypt,

because they broke my covenant,

though I was a husband to [a] them, [b] "

declares the LORD.


"This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel

after that time," declares the LORD.


"I will put my law in their minds

and write it on their hearts.


I will be their God,

and they will be my people.


No longer will a man teach his neighbor,

or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'

because they will all know me,

from the least of them to the greatest,"

declares the LORD.


"For I will forgive their wickedness

and will remember their sins no more."


- Jeremiah 31:31-34

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...