Saturday, December 6, 2008

May your wonders never cease


Father in Heaven
Lord may your name be glorified
above all others, above all this world
above everything else in our lives

for nothing else in all of this world matters
but to live our lives for your and you alone

May your wonders never cease
may your spirit never leave
may we ever long to see your face
and when we turn from you again
oh how quickly we forget
may we be reminded of your grace

- third day, "may your wonders never cease"

I cannot explain how God works. I cannot explain God’s power. Or His wonders. Or His goodness. I cannot explain His sovereignty and His perfect will.

All I do know is how real the spiritual realm is that we do not see.

Revelations have been coming that are building up my faith as I have been wanting to see what God is doing overall and in the long-term with the trials that are shaping us.

For just a moment the other night, God allowed me just to get a glimpse, of all of the things that are going on in the spiritual realm… and that if I had any idea of how much is truly going on, I would never doubt Him again.

This revelation brought me to this place where I felt, whenever it seems like God isn’t doing a lot… He is always doing way more than we could imagine.

For just a minute, I got a glimpse of this reality. I got a glimpse for just a second at what God saw.

He is producing in my life a faith that will be of greater worth than gold. Battles are being fought, victory is being claimed as I see in my life and the life of several friends also walking through the valley of suffering, that the realities of the glory we will see 6 months from now, a year from now, 30 years from now, would blow us away if we knew it know.

If we knew what these trials were achieving. I got a glimpse of this as I was seeing what other friends are going through who are support raising, the trials God is also walking them through, the journey God has us each uniquely on and was getting blown away by how God would use that to bring us to a new place as a church in advancing the kingdom. Where will our church be a year from now, five years from now? With the things God is doing in and through this body of believers and raising up six new staff who have gone through the fire?

The reality of that to come not only when we are with our heavenly Father, but some of those we will see here.

If we only knew how much God is doing.
We would never doubt Him again.

I am simply blown away.
And am grateful to be held and secure with my Creator, whose power and wonders I cannot begin to describe.

I am learning things I could not have learned any other way than the path of suffering. It isn’t a path that means everything is bad all the time. It’s a path where there is joy, where there is peace, where there are good times, but it is a path where your soul is being refined and that is not painless in any sense of the word.

There are things I am learning on this journey that I could not have learned anywhere else. We often hear our trials are God’s engineered circumstances to produce character within us. This I know to be true.

Our trials can’t be our enemy. We have to look at the fruit. We have to fix our eyes on Him and what He is producing in our lives through this, the fruit that will be used to bless others and that will draw us into deeper dependence on our Lord.

This glimpse has given me strength to keep going and all I need to keep going. It has breathed life into my faith, which I have now defined as nearly sight to see what is not seen. It has made all that is going on in the spiritual realm, more real that everything I can see now.

From one of my favorite chapters in scripture, 2 Corinthians 4:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...