“Anything I demand that God give me becomes an idol in my life…”
I’m finding many reasons why silence and stillness is so powerful in our lives… one aspect I’m finding most incredible is the ability for silence and stillness to cleanse our hearts… to reveal the idols that choke the life the Father is so desperately trying to give us… to bring us back into restoration with the One who saves us, to turn us away from the things we look to save us but that are will only destroy us… silence creates a space within our hearts, a space where our souls can hear God speak, a space where we can turn from our broken cisterns that never satisfy to the life-giving Spirit that is closer than our very breath... that leads us into a life more rich and full and more real each moment, a cleansing and a freedom borne to save us from ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment