Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wholeness.


Isn't this what we long for?


“Wholeness is brokenness owned and thereby healed.”

I’m finding I have to guard and protect the things that make me feel whole.

Last week, after trick or treating with Korrin and the kids, and relaxing at the house after the night once we put the kids to bed, I realized again, a part of me is restored when I’m at their home.
As I held little Brennan on my chest as he fell asleep, a part of me is at rest.
Writing is another one of those things. I have to create spaces in my day, even if it’s a 30 minute break between support raising to sit and write in my blog or journal. A part of me is regenerated.
Dancing is another.
Having coffee with friends.
Being around other women.
Being alone, spending time in solitude.

These are all things our soul needs. Everyone has different specific things, but these things allow us to experience the process of becoming more whole and more complete. In a place that is constantly broken, we have to find ways to foster our wholeness so we can offer that gift to the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...