FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER, I've dreamed of having a camera. It wasn't really something I ever vocalized to anyone, I've just always wanted to save up enough money one day to buy one to capture moment and memories.
About a year and a half ago, this group of people gave me a gift that I could have never imagined receiving, one I use literally everyday, hardly go anywhere without, and something that has allowed me to discover that behind the lens is truly one of my favorite places to be. It was something I wanted to be able to buy someday, yet something I never would have asked for in this current season with my health.
Because of this, I
was floored. I could not believe my eyes, Christmas Eve with my husband
exchanging gifts between the two of us before joining our families, when
I came to a camera box that I was sure could not have had a real,
actual camera in there.
I found out my husband, knowing how much I loved taking pictures, at that point on a little point and shoot from the early 2000's and a non-smartphone, also knowing there was no way with all our medical bills we could afford to make a purchases like that, so he went to his family and they also knew of how much I loved taking pictures, so they all banded together to go in on one big gift for me that year, this camera.
I could never thank my husband for his heart and this idea, all his work behind the scenes, or the love and generosity of my family in even doing this. I've talked myself out of it a million times, but I'm finally doing this, even if just for me.
I'm posting all the pics I take and starting a new adventure called "behind the lens," it's basically just going to give me a place to put all my pictures and have them all in one place.
Part of why I love talking pictures so much is it forces me to stop and be fully in the movement. Ever since my life changed when I first got sick four years ago, my eyes have been opened to this world all around me I never knew existed. Taking photos reminds me that nothing is small, nothing is ordinary, and beauty is everywhere.
Thank you all for giving me something so much more than a gift, supporting and encouraging one of the ways in which I was made. I love you all. Today marks the beginning of a new journey, here are glimpses of life from my view behind the lens.
I found out my husband, knowing how much I loved taking pictures, at that point on a little point and shoot from the early 2000's and a non-smartphone, also knowing there was no way with all our medical bills we could afford to make a purchases like that, so he went to his family and they also knew of how much I loved taking pictures, so they all banded together to go in on one big gift for me that year, this camera.
I could never thank my husband for his heart and this idea, all his work behind the scenes, or the love and generosity of my family in even doing this. I've talked myself out of it a million times, but I'm finally doing this, even if just for me.
I'm posting all the pics I take and starting a new adventure called "behind the lens," it's basically just going to give me a place to put all my pictures and have them all in one place.
Part of why I love talking pictures so much is it forces me to stop and be fully in the movement. Ever since my life changed when I first got sick four years ago, my eyes have been opened to this world all around me I never knew existed. Taking photos reminds me that nothing is small, nothing is ordinary, and beauty is everywhere.
Thank you all for giving me something so much more than a gift, supporting and encouraging one of the ways in which I was made. I love you all. Today marks the beginning of a new journey, here are glimpses of life from my view behind the lens.

No comments:
Post a Comment