my dignity as abba's child is my most coherent sense of self. every other identity is illusion. {brennan manning}
Sunday, September 22, 2013
He has restored me.
I feel rested. I feel renewed. I feel restored, healed, made whole. I do not understand all the ways the Lord provides, all the ways in which He truly meets His children wherever they're at, comforts them, lets them be angry and throw a fit when they need to and love them all the same, but He does. He isn't afraid of my anger, frustration, questioning, disappointment in Him, He longs for me to just come to Him, with my hurting and broken heart, just as I am. I still find it odd and strangely puzzling, yet so totally God that the feelings and things we're often most afraid to voice, admit and bring to Him, are often the very vehicle that leads us to the pathway of healing and peace. "Our wounds have to be shared to be healed," He sees and knows our broken hearts. He longs for us to quit trying to be strong, act like we have it all together, constantly profess unbroken faith and hope in Him and simply admit when we are weary. He has restored me. In more ways than one. "Yes, You are my God of great faithfulness, my Jehovah Jireh, my God of unfailing, everlasting love." Father, Jesus, I thank you. Thank you for saving a wretch like me. Again and again and again. I don't know where I'd be without your grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment