Ooh, your love is a symphony | All around me, running through me Ooh, your love is a melody | Underneath me, running to me
Man, I love love love this new Switchfoot song. (Real quick side note, I am still surprised it is them, totally a new sound for them, each time I've heard it on the radio lately I've been wondering who it was.) Nevertheless, that's not what this post is about, so I'll return to my point... I've been finding as of late, especially when I've been in this weird place where some days I simply cannot find words to put to my experiences, that oftentimes songs like this help me give voice to that which I'm struggling to express. This song has been a song on my heart. One of the things that has been so interesting in the last six months being sick, is that even in the most difficult of moments, we find our most treasured ones. In our darkest and most nightmare-ish of days, there can be a beauty that restores us. A beauty that Dostoevsky spoke of when he penned the words, "beauty will save the world."
My eyes have been opened to more of His beauty. His love all around. He has opened my eyes, so many times in the last six months, to a world teeming with His glory. I see it everywhere. And it is the moments where just the glimpse of the sun setting, or the sweet sounds of the birds chirping in the trees, or the beautiful sounds of silence and stillness in nature all around me, or the blue skies breaking in through endless seas of gray move me. Stir something deep within, sometimes those glimpses are just enough to keep me going. Reminding me there is hope, there is daylight, there is light in the midst of this darkness, and there will be a day when things are different. Reminders that whisper to my heart that there will be life after this season.
I have felt many times in those moments that beauty totally captivates me, like that of a little child, in awestruck wonder at the world around me singing of His beauty, of the echoes of Eden in the midst of struggle and sorrow, of a beauty that captures my soul and reminds me that He is good, a beauty that draws me in and finds me completely and totally captured by His love. These are the moments that free me. That captivate my attention and draw me in, until I am speechless, humbled and simply celebrating and singing, with a new song in my heart.
You are everywhere, Your love is a symphony, all around me, in and through me.
Switchfoot, Your Love Is A Song
I hear you breathing in
Another day begins
The stars are falling out
My dreams are fading now, fading out
I've been keeping my eyes wide open
I've been keeping my eyes wide open
Ooh, your love is a symphony
All around me, running through me
Ooh, your love is a melody
Underneath me, running to me
Oh, your love is a song
The dawn is fire bright
Against the city lights
The clouds are glowing now
The moon is blacking out, is blacking out
So I've been keeping my mind wide open
I've been keeping my mind wide open, yeah
Ooh, your love is a symphony
All around me, running to me
Ooh, your love is a melody
Underneath me, and into me
Oh, your love is a song
Your love is a song
Oh, your love is a song
Your love is strong
With my eyes wide open
I've got my eyes wide open
I've been keeping my hopes unbroken
Yeah, yeah
Ooh, your love is a symphony
All around me, running through me
Ooh, your love is a melody
Underneath me, running to me
Your love is a song
Yeah, yeah
Your love is my remedy
Oh, your love is a song
No comments:
Post a Comment