Yes, towels.Okay, you know you're getting married when you're really excited about towels and it even warrants a blog post.
It’s crazy how much difference a day makes. We have been to hell and back in the last month, and today was the first day in, I can honestly say, the last month and a half that has felt normal.
God you are good.
You are taking care of us and bringing us through this hard season and allowing us to be able to face the realities we’re still wrestling with, yet also claim the joy we have of this season and our upcoming season entering marriage!
Tonight, we started at Home Depot. Yes, we’re registering there, I’m marrying Mr. Fix-it and so new drills and tools are a MUST for this man :)
Last week, we decided on registering at Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Home Depot. The first two were easy choices to select the essentials and basics, then as he begged and pleaded that we would have one non-traditional store on there that has hardware and tools and appliances, it was a toss up between Lowe’s and Home Depot. It was hilarious, as we were sitting there looking online, I was like, babe, you can’t register at Lowe’s or Home Depot for your WEDDING, so of course he was on a mission to prove me wrong lol. Lo and behold, Home Depot, not Lowe's however, does in fact have a wedding registry :)
I joke about it all, but carpentry, fixing things in the house or cars, or building things are some of the things he really enjoys doing and are things he's really good at, so I was happy to oblige. I also told him if there's anyone who can get away with having "Home Depot" one their wedding invitations it was him lol.
We had a blast tonite, it marked my second trip ever to Home Depot, surprisingly, it’s not really my scene :) But it's almost worth the trip just seeing him in there. A lot like how I am when I get lost in a bookstore, a new coffee shop or Ann Taylor.
Then, dinner at Bandana’s, then off to Club Wedd at good ole Target where we registered for towels, towels and more towels. Lol, among other things, but we got a few things on there and plan to come back later this week when we have more time, we had so much fun.
There was just something about the fact we were picking out the dish towels that will go in OUR kitchen… the towels and rug that will go in OUR bathroom, the folding chairs and card table we will use when we have the students over to play cards or hang out at OUR house, there was just something about it, it just built so much excitement between us for living together and creating our new home! And I love being with someone who is equally excited about these things and counting down the days till we are married.
Who knew you could ever get so excited about picking out towels? It was great to have a night where we could relax, have fun, joke again, not work through or process or have to deal with hard things again, and have some of the stress of the trials in the last couple months slip away for once, and we could just be. And do normal things engaged couples do, like pick out things for their new home. It felt good to have a little bit of normalcy in the midst of what has been chaos. And to be thankful again that we get to share our lives together, the good times and the hard ones too.
Just 94 days to go!!! YAY!!!!
1 comment:
Yay for towels! I have an obsession for bowls of every size color and shape...oh man. I love you!
Post a Comment