{the sacred dance of grief and joy} I still can't believe we got to go to the beach yesterday. The circumstances surrounding it are a story for later, but to say I am grateful for the gift of yesterday is an understatement. I woke up yesterday with a heavy and broken heart. I can't tell you the miracles that took place there.
Grateful for a man and best friend who treasures and cherishes my heart and will stop at nothing to care for it. A man who like my Father knows the things that make my heart come alive, what it needs to find nourishment, peace, perspective, hope, healing, and rest.
We left early in the morning, needed to go to the closest one, Santa Monica, since we needed to be back for meetings in the afternoon and with no traffic on the freeway early on a Sat am, got there in 25 minutes. Living this close to the ocean still boggles my mind. Something I'm grateful for in this season, a gift and a blessing I do not take for granted. I would have no problem at all with this becoming our new summer home ;) A place where my soul can commune with Him, finds its Home.
A place where I am reminded that my heart needs what beauty speaks. From the One who whispers to my heart, time and time again, "behold, I am making all things new."

No comments:
Post a Comment