I walked out of Weight Watchers yesterday morning with a heart and a soul full of tears. Tears of joy, as I was processing all He has done, this intensely personal journey of ups and downs that has come to be my weight loss journey the last couple of years, one that is hard for me to put words to, yet is a journey that has led me to experience my God in ways like never before.
After the tears and processing, this song was on my heart. This is one of my anthems, a song I'd never heard before but also ironically, a song I first heard in church we visited our first few weeks in Pasadena, also about the same time when I continued my Weight Watchers journey with Weight Watchers Pasadena.
Grateful and full of thanks and praises this morning to my God. A God who is with us through the pain, struggles, and heartaches of life, One who loves us too much to leave us knocked down by them, but One who works to see us, in His power and strength alone, overcome. I can't describe how much I deeply resonate with these lyrics in a multitude of situations and ways. Praise be to God.
To my God, to our God.
Up from the ashes Your love has brought us
Out of the darkness into the light
Lifting our sorrows
Bearing our burdens healing our hearts
To our God we lift up one voice
To our God we lift up one song
To our God we lift up one voice
Singing Hallelujah
Chains have been broken eyes have been opened
An army of dry bones is starting rise
Death is defeated
We are victorious for You are alive
Hallelujah Hallelujah (repeat)
We'll make His praise glorious glorious, glorious
For His name is glorious, glorious, glorious
Make His praise glorious, glorious, glorious
Shout His name Glorious, Glorious, Glorious
- Lyrics by Brian Johnson, Jeremy Riddle, Joel Taylor

No comments:
Post a Comment