Friday, April 13, 2012

[ let the waters rise ]

"I'm holding Your hand..."

This song is one that quickly became that of a battle cry or anthem, if you will for me, about two years ago about this time when Ben was in Haiti and one that still is to this day.

One that brought comfort to my hurting heart and a song that always happened to come on the radio just at the right times. So much so that I had to buy the entire cd, and still to this day, “Let The Waters Rise” the only one I play. Words that ministered to my heart in a time where little did I know it but the hardship was only beginning.

But, as much as I loved this song, everything about it changed once I realized that it really WAS a battle cry, it was a prayer and a cry of surrender and a declaration of trust.

One that reminds me of the psalmists, even just how the song begins with the artist admitting his fears and limitations, yet one that builds and encompasses him reminding himself who God is, “You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again... I'm holding Your hand” and saying, “so let the waters rise, if you want them to, I will follow You, I will follow You.”

SO GOOD. A song that no matter no matter my mood, in my sorrow or joy, encourages my heart. Such a powerful, beautifully inspired song. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...